- The red rice gets its colour from an antioxidant called anthocyanin which is a compound found in several other red and purple coloured vegetables.
- Red rice is loaded with fibre, iron and is also considered to reduce inflammation in the body, controls cholesterol levels and lowers blood pressure.
- Red rice is a perfect addition to your daily diet as it is a whole grain.
- Since it has rich magnesium content, regular consumption of red rice helps improve oxygen circulation and hence, prevent asthma.
- Due to its higher fibre content, red rice aids in keeping the satiety feeling for a longer period.
Tip: Soak it for minimum 5 to 6 hours in water since it takes longer to cook.
Note: Open the rice, add insect/worm repellents and store rice in a packed state in a dry place